1. Does the printer support offline printing?
Offline printing is supported by using an SD card, on the models which supports it.
2. How long will it take to print an object?
The required time needed depends on the object size, infill level and resolution level. The higher the infill level and resolution level, the slower the printing speed. The printer can be configured with different print setting option: Best, Standard, and Draft. After you select the required resolution and the printing setting to slice, the repetier software will display the needed time.
3. What technology does CoLiDo 3D printer use?
CoLiDo 3D printers use FDM print technology, FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling). The printer will heat up and melt the plastic filament, push it out from the nozzle to make a solid object layer by layer. This is a rapid prototyping technology with low loss, and is the most suitable molding technology for wide use currently.
4. How do we determine if a printer is FDM based?
It depends on if the printer uses an extrusion process.
CoLiDo Desktop 3d printers, melt the filament and extrude it out.
5. Are all or most 3D printers FDM based?
Not all 3d printers are FDM based. There are different technology(EB,DMLS,EBM etc.). FDM technology is the most common and is used in many fields, such as industrial, domestic and hobbyist, clothing, medical, education, house hold use, etc.
6. What are the advantages of CoLiDo 3D Printers?
1. Colido 's in-house design including the control panel, printing table, nozzle and other parts ensure a high print quality output. Every printer has a automatic nozzle cleaning and model analysis function. Modular design of the print head, making replacement when required easy to perform.Specialized coating glass platform, makes removal of object easy.
2. High precision, 0.1mm max printing resolution
3. Low noise, operation noise is lower than 60db.
4. Easy to operate, optimized software with many kinds of standard setting to select.
5. Catridge filament with damp-proof and dust-proof and easy to install.
7. Printing precision of the printer?
8. What is the nozzle diameter?
9. Is the smaller the nozzle diameter the higher the printing precision?
Not all, the repetier software controls and adjusts the printing precision.
10. Is Positional accuracy XY:0.011 higher quality than XY:0.012 – 0.015?
Yes this is correct. Also the filament quality is very important to emsure a good and reliable print output.
11. Why are some 3D printers the same or similar to CoLiDo 3d printers?
They will look similar since both CoLiDo and some other 3d printers use the industry standard platform layout.
12. Can any CoLiDo printers print more than one colour per object?
Currently the CoLiDo printer just prints one colour through one nozzle. But it can print more colours in different layers by “Pause”and “Resume”function after replacing the filament.
13. Do these Printers have certification that will apply in New Zealand?
Yes, all CoLiDo 3d printer have CE & FCC certification which is accepted in New Zealand.
14. What operation system does Repetier-Host run?
Windows 10, Windows 7, Mac OS, Linux.
15. What file format does the printer read and print?
The printer can read STL, GCO files.
16. What is the meaning of running speed?
Running Speed means the flow of extruded filament
17. Can the printer be ranked by printing speed?
Yes, we can rank the printer by printing speed.
18. Are two nozzles faster?
No, the two nozzle will not print at the same time, but can be used for loading different colours.
19. CoLiDo 3D Printer max building size?
1. CoLiDo X3045: 300*300*450mm (12*12*18 inch)
2. DIY 3D Printer: 200*200*170mm (8*8*7 inch)
20. What software does the printer use, can it help to design models?
Repetier-Host. software is used.
It is stored on the SD card located inside the Printer (or can be download from Colido website link)
Customers can upload their test file on the software. This software can edit the size and direction of the model, also can add the support design, etc.. The main function of Repeiter is to convert STL file to the indentifiable code of the printer (G-code/CGO file)
21. When wiill the printer nozzle need replacing?
The printer nozzle can print ~1500h. (You can check the print time from LCD Display
“Control”menu – “Printer RunPrama”.)
Replacement CoLiDo Printer Nozzle are available under 3d Printer repair Parts, or Consumables. User can purchase and replace it by themselves with our replacement video.
22. What are some Applications a 3d Printer can be used for?
3D printing has many application, in schools and University, Engineering/Manufacturing, Medical, Architecture, and at home for hobbyists.
23.Where can I get free 3d model software to print?
1. Use 3D modelling software such as UG, 3DMAX and any free software to design your 3d model file and save as STL format.
2. Use scanner to scan 3d model . We recommend scanner “Structure Sensor”which will work with APPLE IPAD.
3. Download 3d model software from Website:
24. How do I know if the available filament is enough or not to print the object, before I start?
After converting STL file to GCO file in Repetier-Host software, the required filament usage for the job (Length) of printing the object will show at the end of the g-code command or “Show in Log”. From this the customer can evaluate the available filament length and check if it is enough to meet the required filament length.
25. Large Build Size
You can choose the build size which best fits your design needs.
CoLiDo printers have available large build envelopes ranging in size from (130 x 130 x 130 mm to 300 x 300 x 450 mm), which makes CoLiDo printers ideal for both home and business use.
Build size of CoLiDo printers (smartphone for scale):